Information for Drivers License Holders
- Published: Thursday, 14 November 2013 15:00
How do I get a driver’s license?
- You are required to have a learner’s license before you can get a full driver’s license.
- Driver’s license can only be issued once the applicant has passed the driving test from the Vanuatu Police Traffic Section. A Certificate of Ability to Drive is then issued by the Section to the successful applicant.
- Successful applicants must submit the following documents before the drivers’ license card can be issued.
- The original copy of the learners license
- Certificate of ability to drive.
How much would it cost me to get a full driver’s license?
- Driver’s license fee: VT 5,000
How long is a full driver’s license valid for?
- 3 years
My driver’s license is expired. What do I need to do to get it renewed and how much would it cost me?
All driving licenses must be renewed before the license expires.
- Every license holder MUST provide a valid medical certificate upon renewal.
- Medical certificates are valid for 6 months only.
- The license holder applying for a renewal MUST physically come down to the office to have his/her picture re-taken and sign on the card electronically.
- Renewal fee: VT 5, 000
I have an international driver’s license that I want to use to drive in Vanuatu. How long can I use my international driver’s license?
- Individuals with international drivers’ license are allowed to drive in Vanuatu for a period of 3 months only.
I have an international driver’s license and I plan on living in Vanuatu. What do I do and how much would it cost me?
- Individuals who plan on staying in the country for more than 3 months are required to get a Vanuatu driving license. Applications are to be lodged to the Vanuatu Police Traffic Section. If successful, a Certificate Ability to Drive is issued.
- Applicants must ensure that the international license is valid.
- If the license happens to be expired then the license holder would have to attach a medical certificate with the application to the police.
- Successful applicants must submit the Certificate of Ability to Drive, at the Rates and Taxes office before the driving license card can be issued.
- Fee for the issue of the driving license card: VT 5,000.
I lost my driver’s license. How much would it cost me to get a reprint?
- Given that the license is still valid, the fee is VT 2,500.