Inland Revenue Taxpayers Services section is one of the CIR's revenue sections which contribute around 10% of the total revenue collected by the Department.
Apart from VAT, the Section is responsible for the administration of inland taxes known as Licenses and Taxes, which are as follows;
- Business Licencing
- Turnover Tax
- Rent Tax
- Liquor Licencing
- Vehicle and Driver Licencing
- Casino Licencing
- Gaming Licencing
The primary objective of this section is to ensure fair and effective collection of these taxes that can be achieved by:
- Assessing and collecting correct amount of taxes as provided for by each respective tax legislations
- Providing awareness to tax payers on their respective tax obligations
- Notifying tax payer’s of their tax dues through letters and/or notices through news papers and other forms of media
- Notifying tax payers of their outstanding tax dues by issuing reminder letters
- Providing advisories to clients on tax issues in doubts wherever necessary
- Carrying out compliance inspection on non compliant clients
- Continuously improving and enhancing current systems and procedures
- Assisting CIR executive with new policy initiatives and
- Consulting with stake holders on new proposed tax legislation amendments
The office is located in China Town beside the Chinese club building. It is manned by a Manager, 1 Principal Compliance Officer, 2 senior compliance Officers, 3 compliance Officers, 2 assistance compliance officers and a cashier.
A subsidiary office is also located in Luganville on the Island of Santo and is currently run man by a Senior Compliance Officer. However, under the new CIR's mini structure, the office will have an additional 2 Compliance Officers.