Casino tax is administered under Act No. 6 of 1993.
Any individual, group or company wanting to conduct a Casino business in the country is required to obtain a Casino License.
Procedure in obtaining a Casino License:
- Submit a completed application form and project proposal to the Minister of Finance
- Minister of Finance in consultation with the Minister of Internal Affairs consider the application
- Application forwarded to Council of Ministers together with the recommendations
- If approved, the Minister of Finance grants license with the Terms and Conditions.
- The approved application is to be submitted with the following documents to the Rate and Taxes office for payment and issue of the Casino License;
- Terms and Conditions of the license,
- Floor plan
- If rejected, the Minister of Finance let the applicant knows of the decision made
- Casino License Fee: VT 1,000,0000
- Casino license expires every 31st December of the licensing year.
Casino License Renewal:
Every renewal applications have to be submitted with a current floor plan before 31st of December each year.
Casino licensees’ are required under the casino Act to lodge and pay casino tax every month.
- Casino Tax: 15% of the totals gross profit.
- Due Date: Returns are to be lodged on a monthly basis on or before the last working day of the following month.
- Late returns carry a penalty of 20% per annum on tax payable.
(click here to access application form)